Share this article:
Unlock the full potential of your Export Power Manager (EPM) with our concise guide to local updates. Follow our step-by-step instructions to streamline the process and optimize your system's performance. For any issues, our local support team is ready to assist – ensuring a hassle-free experience.
Table of content:
1: Update Stick:
Please contact Solis Support, if you do not have an Update stick yet. (Please note that sticks are only send to installers, not end customers.)
2: Firmware files:
Please contact our Solis support line. We will provide the Firmware files for you.
3: USB Stick:
Please make sure that the stick is empty, Format FAT32, if possible, no metal casing
4: Communication cable / Adress set
Verify no communication cables are connected. Also verify the address is set to 1 on the EPM.
NOTE: If you need to do both, a HMI and DSP Update on your inverter, we recommend to do the DSP Update before the HMI Update.
Power on the EPM device
Turn on your mobile phone WiFi switch, search AP_xxxxxxxxx, and connect to the AP_xxxxxxxxx
Enter 10.10.100.254 into your mobile phone browser.
Click the “Advanced” and then select the “Working mode”, change the mode to “Transparency”. Press “Save”
Then wait for a around 10 seconds, the “restart” option will show up, click “Restart”
When restarting the WiFi, the signal will be temporarily disconnected from your mobile phone. Try refreshing your WiFi list until you find the AP_xxxxxxxxx. Connect to this WiFi.
Re-enter the 'working mode' and ensure that it is now in 'Transparency' mode (VERY IMPORTANT).
Rename the EPM firmware as 'HMI_WIFI.bin' and store it in the root directory of the USB disk. Insert the disk into the bottom of the upgrade stick. Plug the upgrade stick into the 'RS485' port of the EPM. The Firmware Update Tool Should Light RED and GREEN as seen in the picture.
Long-press the button on the stick to switch to HMI upgrade mode (3 lights ON).
On the EPM LCD enter Advanced Setting->System Update->ENT.
“CLICK” the button on the back up of the Firmware Update Tool. Verify the GREEN and YELLOW lights are Flashing.
IMPORTANT: Verify the Green light flashes quickly and then change to a slow flash. Slow flashing means the inverter and the update tool have made a connection.
It could take some time until the update is completed, so please be patient.
Once the Firmware is complete, you will see the ALL 3 LEDs go solid.
NOTE: If only the RED light is on that means the inverter did not take the update.
Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4. Change the working mode back to 'Data collection' and double-check it.
- Ensure your USB doesn’t have a metal casing. This has been known to cause problems with the update.
- Ensure your USB is a newer style USB and not using an old file system
- Ensure your files are correct (90% of the time it’s a file issue). If you think that you may have an incorrect file, contact the Solis Service to receive another Firmware file.
- Ensure you do not have external communication hooked up.
- For Example, if you have an inverter with a RS485 connection and you are updating via the green Port, there could be a communication crash and the update will become corrupted.
- Ensure you have the INVERTER ADDRESS SET TO 1 (for HMI Update)
- Ensure your green port is working (verify with a voltage check of 1.7 VDC on the port. If the port is showing strange voltages the update will never work.
- RED = +5 volts DC = Pin 1
- BLACK = -5 volts DC = Pin 2
- YELLOW = +RS 485 = Pin 3
- BLUE = -RS 485 = Pin 4
We trust that the information provided has been helpful, and we remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require.
Connect with Solis
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article